Before your Acupuncture Treatment
- Please bring shorts to change into, even if you don’t have a lower body injury. Loose clothing is more convenient.
- Avoid caffeine or tobacco for at least 2 hours prior to your visit.
- Have a light meal or snack before your visit. Heavy meals can cause nausea. An empty stomach can cause dizziness as the treatment may lower your blood sugar levels.
- Drink plenty of water on the day of your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol or sedatives for at least 4 hours prior to treatment.
- Take medication as prescribed by your physician.
After your Treatment
- Avoid caffeine or tobacco for at least 2 hours.
- Avoid alcohol or sedatives for at least 4 hours.
- Rest is preferable after treatment. Make the remainder of your day as easy as possible.
- For painful conditions avoid strenuous activity for up to 48 hours.
- Continue to take medication as prescribed by your physician.